At Bullet Guard, we are proud to partner with law enforcement agencies across the country to provide them with the bulletproof and bullet-resistant windows and doors they need to keep their employees safe. With over 40 years of experience in the bulletproof barrier systems industry, Bullet Guard has the knowledge and expertise to help secure any police station interior using the latest in bulletproof technology. Regardless of how big or small your project is, we can work with you to determine your security needs and deliver the appropriate solution.
Bulletproof & Bullet-Resistant Doors for Police Stations
Police stations are exposed to potentially violent individuals on a day-to-day basis. To keep police officers and other staff safe, it’s important for these facilities to incorporate bulletproof barrier systems. At Bullet Guard, we offer custom and ready-to-ship bulletproof and bullet-resistant doors that offer additional safety for police stations. These doors are available in a range of sizes and protection levels, enabling you to choose the type of door that works best for your facility.
To get started on a custom project, click here to submit a request for information.
Levels of Ballistic Protection for Police Stations
The various levels are meant to protect against numerous types of firearms, ranging from smaller handguns to larger, high-powered rifles. The levels of ballistic protection for our bulletproof and bullet-resistant doors include:
- Level 1. Provides protection against up to 3 shots from a 9mm (124g) FMJ caliber gun.
- Level 2. Provides protection against up to 3 shots from a .357 Magnum (158g) SP caliber gun.
- Level 3. Provides protection against up to 3 shots from a .44 Magnum (244g) SP caliber gun.
- Level 4. Provides protection against 1 shot from a 30 Caliber Rifle (180g) SP caliber gun.
- Level 5. Provides protection against 1 shot from a 7.62mm Rifle (150g) FMJ caliber gun.
- Level 6. Provides protection against up to 5 shots from a 9mm Multi (124g) FMJ caliber gun.
- Level 7. Provides protection against up to 5 shots from a 5.56mm Rifle (55g) caliber gun.
- Level 8. Provides protection against up to 8 shots from a 7.62 Multi Rifle (150g) FMJ caliber gun.
Bulletproof Glass Protection for Police Stations
Due to the nature of police stations, threats are always a risk. People in high-stress situations can panic and respond in a way that puts officers, visitors, and other staff in danger. Because of this possibility, it’s crucial to secure police station lobbies with custom bulletproof barriers to boost safety and security.
Bulletproof glass is composed of three main designs: glass-clad polycarbonate, solid acrylic, and polycarbonate laminate. Glass-clad polycarbonate is made up of a polycarbonate sheet sandwiched between two sheets of glass. The polycarbonate provides additional support for the glass while offering a stronger barrier than the glass alone.
Polycarbonate and acrylic are available in various blends and formulas, and they are manufactured in a wide range of thicknesses to suit different impact resistance requirements. Two of our most popular polycarbonate plastics include Hygard® and Lexgard®.
When developing a bulletproof system for police stations, it’s important to do the following:
- Use Level 3 bulletproof polycarbonate for interior applications and glass-clad polycarbonate for exterior applications
- Secure the front entrance and vestibule area with automatic locking mechanisms and bullet-resistant doors
- Rather than securing every window, focus on securing potential weak spots within heavy traffic areas of the police station
- Incorporate a barrier system around the dispatch areas and front lobby to protect on-duty officers
Bulletproof Products From Bullet Guard
Police stations pose a high risk for danger, and it’s vital to implement protective measures to ensure the safety of officers, staff, and visitors. At Bullet Guard, we specialize in the design, manufacture, fabrication, and installation of bullet-resistant and bulletproof products such as windows, doors, panels, enclosures, and more.
Browse through our available products to see what options are available, or contact us today to learn more about how our bulletproof barrier experts can help you choose the perfect products for your security needs.